Tuesday, December 15, 2009

I can't believe I let the whole month go by...

Month five was quite eventful! Lily learned to sit up on her own, she had her first big holiday, she started solids...she also got her first cold!

The day before Lily turned 5 months she started sitting on her own. I would prop her up and she would stay for a little while. As the month progressed she got much stronger and was able to hold her self up much better. Here are a couple pictures...the beginning of the month and then towards the end of the month.

Lily went to visit the doctor and he was really impressed that she was sitting up on her own before turning 6 months :) I was pretty proud of my little Lily Bean! Once she got sitting down she started propping her self up on all fours! My mom says I shouldn't be in a hurry to get her crawling, but I'M NOT...baby girl does it all on her own. Here's a picture of her on all fours.

She gets up and rocks back and forth, she doesn't go anywhere though. She's able to scoot backwards sometimes. She's getting stronger and stronger everyday!

So, Thanksgiving was also this month. Lily slept through most of it and since she wasn't eating solids during that time she didn't get to taste anything, but she did get to wear a pretty dress and an adorable romper, and she got to see some extended family.

A couple weeks shy of turning 6 months I went ahead and started Lily on solids. When she was four months old the doctor said she was a chubby girl and that I could skip cereal so I decided to go ahead and do that. I'm still breastfeeding as her main form of food, but I have already introduced sweet potatoes and she's currently on green beans. All of her food is going to be homemade. Next up will be pears and then peaches, then we'll go back to veggies and alternate again. Here's a picture of her first feeding. She eats like she's done it a million times! She's pretty good at keeping her hands back and out of the way.

She did really well and I did post a video at the end of the blog for your enjoyment :)

Also a new fun thing this month was her new swing! It took me 3 months to get my hands on this swing. My dad put it up outside and the very next day it got really cold and it hasn't been swinging weather since! I'm glad she got to enjoy it for that day though, and I'm sure we'll have tons of swinging days soon.

So to cap on her fifth month Lily got her first illness :( Nothing too bad and the doctor said in her first year she would (and should) get sick 3 times. She mostly just has the sniffles. She's on a decongestant and she's doing well. She hasn't been waking up too much.

Lily will be turning 6 months in a couple of days and I can hardly believe that it's been 6 months since I was in the hospital and we were meeting for the first time. It's amazing how fast the time has passed. I look at her and I can't even believe how big she's gotten and how much she can do now. It's like I blinked and she's this totally different baby. No longer just a little blob. She has her own little personality and her own little quirks. Lately she does this thing with her right arm, when she gets excited she flaps it like a little chick. It's hilarious...I'll have to get it on video. She's also babbling A LOT...she's going to be a chatter box like her mommy! Sometimes I swear I hear words, hahaha...but she's still a long way away from saying words and KNOWING what she's saying. In a couple of days she has her 6 month portraits. I'll make sure to post pictures once I've taken them. Hopefully I wont go a whole month without writing again.

Also, I'd like to say congratulations to my good friends Dawn Graustein, Ceci Garza, and Connie Reinhardt. All of these awesome gals welcomed new babies. Dawn had baby Abby, Ceci had baby Delilah, and Connie welcomed her second baby, baby Austin. All cuties!!! Lily has a bunch of new friends :)

We're looking forward to Christmas and hopefully we'll have a lot of pictures to post!

Here's that video of her eating!


1 comment:

Nicole Barnes said...

Awww - Lily is such a prodigy!!! So smart and strong! I'm looking forward to seeing the arm/wing flapping scenario when she gets angry -- so cute!! Happy 6 months, Lily! :)