Saturday, August 29, 2009

Aaahhh-Goooo



Lily is so vocal these days. Always up for having a conversation with anyone who will listen. She's adorable, she puckers her lips and lets out a string of "aahh-goo"s and "coo"s and just plain "ooo"s. She also lets out some squeaks and squeals. I love it! I ask her about her day and what she was dreaming during her naps and what she wants to do and I swear she's answering me. She's absolutely a cutie pie! She's also developing a lot of leg strength and back/neck strength. The other day when I put her to sleep (on her tummy) she woke up on her back! I'm sure it's a lot harder to get from her back to her tummy though. She also really surprised me the other night, I laid her down with her head at the 12 o'clock position and then by morning she was at the 3 o'clock position! Also she holds her head up really well in her bumbo and when she's on her tummy, like she's doing a cobra pose.

I ordered her Halloween costume pretty early so that I could make sure to get it on time and it came it. It's so cute :o) She's going to be a flower. That's a picture of the costume but it's obviously not her. She's not able to sit up on her own, but hopefully we can prop her upright for pictures. I'm going to get her pictures (3months) taken in her costume and hopefully be able to send out Halloween cards by early October. I also received her Baptism dress too. Therese ordered it from Pottery Barn Kids and it's gorgeous.

OOOHHH also, we've established a great sleep schedule! It's so nice!!! I bathe her at 8:30, feed her, and put her to bed by 9:30. She sleeps pretty much all night until about 7:30am. She currently only has one feeding, and it's always at around 3:30 or 4:00. I'm hoping to keep bed time at 9:30 for the next 3 weeks then start moving it up to 8:30. I usually go to bed at around 11:00 so that hour and a half to myself at night is such a nice little break. I can read a book or watch tv...just unwind. I've said it before and I'll say it again, "THANK GOD FOR EASY BABIES!"

No comments: