Friday, March 6, 2009

Lily @ 24 weeks




I did an ultrasound on myself (with help from mom). I really wanted to see Lily in 3D/4D so we gave it a shot. At 24 weeks babies are usually still pretty small, so I wasn't getting my hopes up that we would get any really good pictures. Also my placenta is in the front so it can be difficult to get a good image when you have to "see through" the placenta. Anyway, I think we got a pretty good shot considering her size and the whole "placenta in the way" issue. I think she's gorgeous, but that's just me. When I look at the pictures I have a hard time believing that she's IN THERE! I just can't believe that I'm already 24 weeks along, it feels like just the other day I was 4 weeks. Time sure flies!




This weekend I'm going to Houston on a "Girl's Trip" with Kathryn and Therese. One last outing before the baby comes. I'm really excited!!! We got a great deal on a hotel that's connected to the Galleria. Usually its $189 a night and we got it for $89 a night on Hotwire. I really can't wait to leave...only 3 more hours!




On Monday I have my glucose screening to see if I have gestational diabetes. Apparently it's a really annoying test. I have to fast, get there at 8, drink juice, wait an hour, then they prick my finger. I can handle needles and getting my blood drawn and all that, but the finger prick is my worst nightmare. I'll make sure to update the blog with my results.




So far Lily is doing well, she loves to swim around in my tummy and give me good hard kicks and punches, mostly to the bladder! She's active in the morning when I wake up, after lunch, and when I lay down to go to bed. I love her personality so much! I wonder what she thinks about and what she dreams about. I wonder what she must feel when I'm in the pool at water aerobics. I can't wait to meet her.




Mon

1 comment:

MrsQuinn said...

OH my goodness! She is gorgeous! I'm glad you are loving being preggos. My other friend, Julie, got pregnant around the same time you did. She just recently lost the pregnancy, which was really devastating, and horrible. It really scared me, I'm glad you are having a great experience, that is exactly what I want. Have a great weekend! When is your due date? Much Love!! Deb