Monday, January 12, 2009

Another Doctor's Visit

Adam and I went in to the doctor's office today for another visit.  This time it was for my AFP screening (aka triple screen).  It's a blood test to see if the baby is at risk for downs syndrome, spina bifida, chromosomal abnormalities, and/or defects in the abdominal wall of the baby.  Usually the woman who does the blood work is awesome, but it really hurt today...i think she was in a bad mood!  Anyway, I'll know in 1  - 2 weeks if there is anything wrong.  Honestly I hadn't even considered that there would be anything wrong with the baby, but now that I'm waiting on results it feels like its going to be forever until I find out.  We also heard the heartbeat, 147 beats per minute. 

I gained another 2 lbs...that's 4 lbs total so far.  Four months pregnant and 4 lbs. gained...I'm sure I'll be packing on the pounds soon enough, now that I feel MUCH better.  I try not to get too out of control on my eating though.  I have a list of 4 items I will try my hardest NOT to eat while I'm pregnant.
     1.  Corn dogs and tater tots
     2.  Fried Chicken
     3.  Funyuns
     4.  A yummy frozen starbucks concoction
I know all of these things are fine once in a while, but I don't trust myself.  If I eat it once I know I'll want it ALL THE TIME!  For example, the other day I bought a bag of Funyuns (before Funyuns were on my list) and I ate the WHOLE B AG IN ONE SITTING!!!!  The entire bag, and not snack size or even big grab...it was the kind of bag that should last a while, with multiple servings.  Anyway, that's when I realized I have no will power!  So I made my list of other things that make me feel the way Funyuns do...powerless :oP

So, we're about 90% sure it's a girl.  I did my own ultrasound and it looks like a girl, but I'm not sure if I'm seeing what I want to see or if it really is a girl...I need SOMEONE ELSE to tell me so that I'll believe it.  I still went out and bought two super cute little outfits :o)  We're also settled on a girl name...Lily Marie.  No suggestions will be accepted anymore :o)  You just have to love it (even if you don't).

My next appointment is 2/9/09.  I'm sure i'll post again between now and then.

Mon 

1 comment:

MrsQuinn said...

YAY! Lily Marie! love it! i'm glad everything is going great with your pregnancy.