Friday, January 2, 2009

My Latest Appointment

This past Monday was my most recent appointment. It wasn't too eventful, just talking with the doctor about my feelings and a quick ultrasound. The ultrasound looked like a girl, but it is still a little too early to tell. My next appointment is in 2 weeks. Since the beginning of my pregnancy I have gained a total of 2 lbs. They usually say 3 - 5 lbs. is where you want to be, but I'm guessing the fact that i was so sick had to do with the minimal weight gain. I'm sure I'll make up for it through out the pregnancy.

Wednesday we got the nursery all set up. My mom, Therese, and I built the crib and put up the light fixtures (Adam works A LOT). We had some help getting the furniture in place and now it looks sooooo good. The dogs were crazy and so curious! I'm pretty sure Bella thinks the crib is for her!

Anyway, my symptoms have subsided and I feel normal again! I started to feel much better at the start of week 14, but today marks week 15 and I can comfortably say that it is NOT a fluke, that I do feel better and I won't go back to being sick. Thank god. Speaking of God, I think this Sunday I'm going to start going to church...for me and the baby. Pretty sure that with Adam's work schedule, he's not going to want to wake up early on Sunday, but I think it's important so I'm going to go.

I'll post more after my next appointment on 1/12/09.

Mon

2 comments:

MrsQuinn said...

Sounds great Mon! I am so happy for you! ;)

Elizabeth Camarena said...

I can't wait to hear more! Keep me as up-to-date as possible. I have January 19th off for MLK day (I think it's a Monday). So, I was thinking maybe I could visit you that Saturday if you don't have plans. Let me know. If not, maybe we can plan something for early Feb.
Miss you Manita!