Sunday, January 25, 2009

Busy, Busy, BUSY

It's been a pretty busy Sunday for me and Lily.  I woke up early (ok, not that early...it was 11) and went to target, home depot, and hobby lobby (which was closed, ANNOYING!).  I decided today was the day to organize the nursery closet.  WHAT A HUGE MESS!!!!  I got a huge garage sale pile, garbage pile, and attic pile.  When I was at Target I bought a bookshelf to put all the children's books I had accumulated when I was a preschool teacher (in college).  I'm so proud of the way the room is coming along.  
I registered for the nursery decor at landofnod.com.  I'm doing the nursery in a "doll" theme.  I didn't really want a theme, but I picked nursery bedding that is a quilt with doll dresses.  When I told my mom that I had picked the doll dress bedding she brought me the dolls she had bought when she was pregnant with me.  She had these dolls on layaway when she was pregnant  (she didn't even know if i was for sure a girl).  It's crazy that the dolls my mom bought for me are also going in my daughter's nursery.  Those dolls are 27 years old!  They are cloth so I don't think they're too creepy :o) I thought it all just fell together nicely.  The dolls are going to go on a shelf above the closet.  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How cool is that to incorporate your dolls into your daughter's nursery. Good luck.

MonTheMom said...

Thanks :o) Thanks for stopping by :o)