Saturday, September 5, 2009

Loving the Zzzzz's


Since day one I have been very persistent with trying to establish a routine for Lily. When she came home from the hospital I made sure there was a distinguishable difference between night and day. I made sure day was bright and made sure that no one whispered and let the dogs bark if they wanted. Then I would make sure that during the night everything stayed dark, no noise, and the dogs are silent. That was a big help in getting a routine in place. For the first few weeks, since she slept so much, her "bed time" was 11 o'clock. The next few weeks we moved it up to 10 o'clock. Now for the past 3 weeks we've been making bed time between 9 - 9:30. She usually wakes up between 3 - 4 am to feed, but then goes down again and we wake up for the day between 7 - 8 am. It's so nice having a schedule. I was so afraid when I was pregnant that I would be sleep deprived. I think that because that was one of my big concerns, I was super determined to make sure we got a good NIGHT'S rest. Lily gets 10 - 11 hours of sleep a night and I get my 7 - 8 hours, which leaves me with a few hours "baby-free" in the evening. It's the best, it keeps me happy and rested and HAPPY MOMMA = HAPPY BABY! Along with her bed time routine she has always slept in her own "bed". Up until a few weeks ago she was sleeping in her "pack n play", but for the last few weeks she's been sleeping in her crib. Lily has her moments, but I thank my lucky stars EVERYDAY that she's such an easy little girl! If I could give anyone any advice it would be to stick to a routine, they get the hang of it in no time!

1 comment:

Nicole Barnes said...

Awww - she's so good! Advice taken! Thanks! :)