Monday, September 14, 2009

Playdates, Pictures, and a BIG Milestone


When I was pregnant I had one of my really good friends (Jill) pregnant with me. I feel like I was so lucky to have her as my soundboard. Always asking "are you feeling like...", or "do you think it's normal when...", she was 2 weeks ahead of me so we were experiencing all of the same things. We would go to swim aerobics and go walking in the park. Then (obviously) we had our babies! Braden was born 6/10, Lily was born 6/17...exactly one week apart! Now that we HAVE our babies she's still my soundboard! "is he doing this", "does he make this noise", "how is he sleeping". I feel so lucky to have someone going through it at the same time as me. It's easy to ask my mom friends, but to have someone with a baby that is the same age is so nice because a lot of times my other mom friends forget their timelines or just can't remember. Anyway, it's just so fun and comforting. Every Monday we get together and they have a playdate :o) More like a stare off or a nap session, but as they get older they will play. Today I felt like they were recognizing each other. They are so precious! Today Jill and I decided to do a Parent/Child work out. It was fun for a bit, but the babies weren't having it for too long so we had to call it quits. We'll attempt it again soon.




So this Thursday Lily will be 3 months!!!! I can hardly believe it! Everyday she looks and feels bigger and bigger. She does new things and never fails to surprise me. For a while she has been OBSESSED with her hands. They are in her mouth, she looks at them, she holds them together...she's
always doing something with her hands. These past few days though she has been starting to find her feet. It's the cutest thing! She picks them up, she kicks them like crazy, and she rubs them on each other. We say she's gonna start a fire, hahaha! This Thursday she also has her 3 month pictures scheduled. I'm taking her to a photo studio that is pretty kid friendly and affordable. I'm doing her costume and a super cute green dress. I hope she cooperates! I also hope her costume fits!

Now for the BIG MILESTONE!!! Lily is officially in her nursery! She's always slept in her crib so I knew the transition wouldn't be too hard, but I'm still so shocked! Her whole first month she slept in her pack n play, and her second month she slept in her crib, but always in my room. Well, I gave us a goal that by her 3rd month she would be sleeping in her room. I got the crib set up in the nursery and put her down last night and she slept all night! So, along with sleeping in her room, she slept from 10 - 6:30 (it was a long day and the schedule was a little off, so she went to bed a little later). She would have slept longer, but I woke her up because I HAD to feed her. My body is not used to going that long without her eating. After she ate I put her back in her room and she slept until 10! So the goal was reached four days before her 3rd month. I'm so proud of us :o)

2 comments:

Nicole Barnes said...

That is so great that Lily has a playmate so close in age.... and good for you, too! Congrats on her being in her own room. She's so good. :) I've been going back and forth debating whether to move the crib in our room for the beginning, and right now I'm leaning towards "yes."

kate said...

hey i meant to tell you in that last message that i have a blog too. your daughter is adorable and your so lucky to have another baby around the exact (almost) same age.