Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Vent!!!!


Some people can be so rude! The other day I realized just how protective I have become of my precious Lily. I'll quickly give a summary of the scenario that really irked me:

My mom (first time grandma) posted some pictures from Lily's 3 month portrait session. A woman that she went to high school with commented "Cute pictures...I guess". My mom, thinking she had to have been joking, responded with "You guess? Like, you guess, if you're into adorable, precious, gorgeous babies?". The woman then decided to respond with "I'm just saying that all babies are adorable in the eyes of their parents/grandparents". My mom then deleted the entire thread.

I lost my sh*t!!! Who says that and why??? All mothers think their children are gorgeous, why would anyone decide it's their duty to burst that bubble? Not to mention, it's a baby! Sure we've all seen babies that are cute in their own way, but they are still CUTE. It's a baby for god's sake. As a first time mother, I take pictures of everything and anything and I post pictures almost everyday. Excessive? Probably! Do I make any apologies for it? NO! Why would I, it's a freakin' baby! Who am I hurting? I just can't believe that this woman saw the pictures and decided, "I'm going to tell this grandmother that 'I guess' her grandchild is cute"...why say anything at all? Why not just keep that to yourself. Ever heard of the saying "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all"? Why couldn't she just say "cute pictures" and leave it at that? I just look at my Lily and my heart swells and I'm overcome with LOVE. Knowing how I feel about my baby, I get how other mothers must feel about their children. Knowing that feeling I would NEVER say something so half-hearted to another mother/grandmother/baby lover. It's just mean spirited and rude. I know Lily is gorgeous, I don't have to "guess", but it still really bothered me. That's all I have to say about that. I had to get it off my chest.

Now onto something else, I took some footage of Lily during tummy time. Adorable :o)

No comments: