Sunday, April 5, 2009

Doctor's Appointment Today

I had a doctor's appointment today, the first one in April.  It went well, it was just a basic check up.  I know this is going to sound weird, but I always imagined (before I was pregnant) that the doctor would check you "down there" every time.  Surprisingly enough, he's only checked once.  Sorry I'm sure that's TMI, but just had to share.  They do however, always check the baby's heart rate.  The beating sound is always music to my ears :o)  It's Lily saying "hey mom, I'm in here!".  So, in all I've gained 11.5 lbs, my blood pressure is normal, AND my blood sugar has been so good that the doctor said I can go down to testing every other day.  I think I'll keep testing daily though,  I think it helps me stay on top of my weight gain and Lily's weight gain.  I talked to the doctor again about NOT wanting to be induced.  Last time I told him "no matter what I say later I don't want to be induced".  I only say that because as women get more uncomfortable they sometimes ask to be induced one or two weeks early AND when women have GD they usually induce two weeks early to make sure the baby hasn't gotten too big.  I just want Lily to come into the world on her terms, so I'm going to do what I can to make sure it's her choice when she's delivered.  The doctor said as long and my GD stays under control he wont have to induce (so I really am going to stick to what I'm doing).  I think as long as I don't get put on insulin I'll be fine.


 
The nurse today said to me, "good job taking care of your belly"(no stretch marks...yet...YAY!).  That got me thinking, I really do make it a point to take care of my belly.  It all started New Years 2007 when I made the first resolution I've ever kept.  It was an easy one...moisturize my elbows every day.  With in months I became a moisturizing fool.  I moisturized my whole body twice a day every day.  By the end of the year I was using 4 different moisturizers and my routine was about 20 minutes long (This is still my routine).  It's almost like meditation time. After the nurse said that and I got to thinking about it I realized, once Lily is here I'm not going to be able to take my two 20 minute showers and then moisturize for another 20 minutes after my showers.  I wont lie, I'm kinda sad about it, I realize it wont be FOREVER though.  There will be a day when I can moisturize for 20 minutes again, but I'm making a promise to myself to AT LEAST moisturize my elbows everyday.  Not to mention I'm sure once Lily is here, moisturizing will be the last thing on my mind LOL!  


3 comments:

Unknown said...

what kind of mosturizer do you use??

MonTheMom said...

you mean what kind DON'T I use? I use an aveeno facial moisturizer, then I use a body oil to soften my skin, then I use skin firming lotion on my legs and arms, and then I use an ultra moisturizing on my torso....I'm a moisturizing lunatic

Unknown said...

haha, sounds like it! it's a really really good thing. Right now I only use 2....Ganier something or other for my face & Lubriderm for my face & everything else. My routine's only about 5 minutes. I can't use anything too crazy because my skin is so sensitive, I have to "test" stuff out for like a couple of days to see if i'll get a rash or something.