Wednesday, May 27, 2009

My Latest Dr. Visit

I went to the doctor this morning and I gained 2 lbs. (18 total) and Lily caught up to me!  She's no longer a week behind.  Thank goodness!  I'm not sure if they would have had to move my due date, but that would suck if I had to go a week past my due date.  I already feel like I'm ready to have her out.  For the most part I still have some energy.  The only times I'm uncomfortable are when I'm turning from one side to the other when I'm in bed, at the end of the day when my feet are like Flintstone feet, and also when I need to get out of bed to go to the restroom.  Most times Adam has to give me a little push to help me out of bed.  I'm sure it's not nearly as bad as it could be though.  I think I owe it to staying active the whole time.  Although, my exercise routine has really slowed down.  It really is tough to walk more than a mile!  The only bad news I got today was that my blood pressure is a little high, but in my defense I was really nervous.  Here comes a little TMI, I was getting a pelvic exam and some cultures taken.  I'm not sure why I got so nervous, but I had a really tough time relaxing and the doctor said that might have something to do with my high BP.  He said to keep an eye on my swelling and if I get headaches and/or blurred vision to call him immediately.  So far I haven't had anything like that.  After today I will be seeing him once a week until Lily is here, I hope that doesn't make my BP high EVERY TIME!  

I'm super excited about my baby showers this weekend.  Friday night I have a "Mom Shower", thrown by some of my close girlfriends and Sunday I have my "Baby Shower" thrown by my Mom and Mother In Law.  Adam and I bought a new washer and dryer and we get it on Monday.  After the showers on Friday and Sunday, Monday will be the day I wash Lily's clothes, blankets, towels, etc.  I can't wait to wash her little tiny onsies!!!

Mon

No comments: