Thursday, June 4, 2009

Baby Showers & Doctor's Visit

This past weekend was so much fun! On Friday some of my closest girlfriends (Kathryn, Therese, Cristina, Erica, and Amy) threw a shower for me and then on Sunday my mom and mother-in-law threw me a shower also. They were both so much fun. It meant the world to me that everyone would go out of their way to show me and my Lily how much we mean to them. Thanks everyone :) Lily got A LOT of things she needed and after the weekend Adam and I went and picked up some additional items for her. He built her stroller, pack n play, and her swing. She's all set! Cristina, Therese, Kathryn, Me, Erica, Amy
Nora, Me, Mom
At the shower on Sunday I had a rotating frame with baby pictures of me and Adam. Here are a couple to see who do you think Lily will look like?


I went to the doctor on Monday and got some not so good news...my blood pressure is high...too high! Also, I gained 5lbs! The doctor said that based on how my legs and hands look and my high blood pressure that he was certain it was fluid retention that caused my weight to go up that much. He said I need to stay off my feet! WHAT??? How can I? I still have to work! Last week was really hectic, I was running around doing last minute shower stuff, going to showers, prepping Lily's room, washing Lily's things...I was all over the place, so I think that caused the high BP and the excess water retention. I have taken it a little slower this week hopefully the swelling will go down. It's terrible, it starts at my knee and goes to my toes and my hands hurt so much I can't make a fist. Anyway, I've been taking it easy and reducing my sodium intake.

I go to the doctor again on Wednesday and I will have my 1st cervix check to see if I'm dialated. I'm so nervous, but I have to NOT be or this will cause my BP to stay high! I'll be 37 weeks and 4 days when I get checked. Everyone seems to think Lily will come early, but I think she's too cozy and will come around her due date. People have been saying as early at the 7th (b/c of the full moon). She's still so high up and I'm still "comfortable"...well as comfortable as I can be! Sleeping is getting a little rough, but other than that I can still get around pretty easily. Anyway, I'll make sure to post any dialation news!

Mon

2 comments:

Unknown said...

oh my, the 7th! that's soooo soon, i think if she's early it'll be around the 20th or 21st, but the 7th, that's crazy.

now jill on the other hand....i wouldn't be surprised if she had hers on the 7th. :)

how exciting!

MonTheMom said...

jill is already in the early stages of labor! She was supposed to deliver tuesday or wednesday, but Braden is too cozy in there. I say Jill will have him on the 7th b/c there is gonna be a full moon!