Wednesday, December 10, 2008

The blanket


In an effort to take my mind off the way I feel physically I decided I would start a project. As I mentioned before I want to knit a blanket for the baby. After talking about it with my mom she said crochet would be easier. So I bought the yarn and the "I taught myself to crochet" set. It's pretty deceiving because it leads you to believe you can actually teach yourself to crochet....ummm...no, you CAN NOT. My mom's been showing me and it's really hard, but I keep telling myself "it's for the baby". On a side note, when I was in college I joined "Texas Knitters" and I learned to knit and made a scarf. I'm thinking I should have stuck with what I know, not that I still remember, but I'm sure I would have gotten it...like riding a bike. When you think about it a blanket is just like a really wide scarf. Anyway, no turning back now. I've only got two rows done. I've attached a picture of the super awesome blanket my mom made me when she was pregnant. She's crazy if she thinks people can just do that if they've never done it before. Mine will unfortuanely not look like that...All I'm shooting for is 4 corners.
This Friday I will be 12 weeks, which means Saturday is my first day out of my 1st trimester. I hear the 2nd trimester is the "honeymoon phase". I sure hope so. I must admit I as starting to feel better, but I have a terrible cold/cough and congestion AND I got pink eye. If I hadn't gotten so sick I think this past week would have been a turn around point for me. I'm trying to be more positive and REALLY trying to get into the Christmas spirit. Hopefully by this time next week I'll be GLOWING ;o) yeah, right!
Oh, btw, I ultrasounded myself at work for a couple minutes and I saw the baby's ARMS AND LEGS MOVING! It was so CRAZY! I was so in shock....I called Adam and he left work to come see and then the baby stopped :o/ I guess it went to sleep! I'll try again another day. It really was nuts though.
Mon

No comments: